Monday, May 11, 2009

Bake something Monday

Feeling very domestic today, I decided to make my own wheat thins according to www.budget101.com.

Wheat thins
1 3/4c wheat flour
1 1/2c white flour
1/3c oil (I used olive)
3/4 tsp salt
1c. water

preheat oven to 350
combine the flours in a medium bowl
in a separate bowl, combine the oil, salt, and water
mix the flours and oil mix well, but not too much
roll out on ungreased cookie sheet like so, so that it's no thicker than 1/8"Now, then, score the dough with a knife (not cutting all the way through)
After you've done this, just sprinkle the top with kosher salt (my choice this time) Parmesan cheese, or onion powder.
Place in oven for 30 minutes, let cool for a few minutes and voila
I'm not going to lie to you, these are not as good as wheat thins. To me, they don't really taste like them at all. That's not to say that they're not good, but they're not wheat thins. So, If you're looking for a fairly quick to make, wheat cracker, these are pretty good! However, if you're looking for wheat thins, this is not the recipe.

1 comment: